I swear that kids these days are getting dumber by the minute. Maybe it is the heavy use of all things electronic to do almost everything that weakens the use of common sense. I don't know the cause, but I see acts of stupidity on their part every day. I was never so stupid! (insert sarcastic face here)
Just this Saturday I was driving down my quiet residential street at 8:10pm when I saw three cars parked in the street. Mind you all of my neighbors have large driveways and no one parks on the street. I quickly saw what was up when all of the car doors slammed and I saw HS boys skimpering about in white tshirts and reflective running shoes -- They were toilet-papering my neighbors house (or TPing as it was called in my day). I didn't call my neighbor because I don't know them. If I did, I would have called them. Not because these boys were wrong for stringing rolls of toilet paper all over my neighbor's property but because these boys were doing it all wrong and needed to learn a lesson.
Get it together boys!!!
If you are going to go TPing, do it right. Here are some tips for next time from a seasoned pro (I was never caught).
1. Wear black. Common sense? I think so.
2. Go later at night. It was just daylight saving time so it stays lighter later over here. The sun just went down and it is barely dark.
3. Avoid reflective clothing. See #1.
4. Take cover. Do not stand in the middle of the street when a car comes. Hide you idiot!
5. Take a limited number of cars to avoid neighborhood watch. Many cars looks suspicious.
6. Weekdays are better than weekends. Did you really not think that people would be out and about, driving past you on a Saturday night?
Youth of America - I expect more next time.