Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Christmahanakwanzika!

So today I spent Christmas by myself thanks to surgery two weeks ago (so today was the first day I was eligible to fly) and bar prep starting tomorrow (goodbye life until March)... It was harder than I thought it was going to be. If there is ever a day to spend with your family, Christmas is it (or whatever winter holiday your religion celebrates).

But Chicago blessed me with my first white day, and boy was the timing perfect! We had a white Christmas :)

So I took a little walk to enjoy the beautiful calmness that occurs on a day when all businesses shut down... Walk with me.

The view from one of my front windows with the Santa that Madre decorated with while I was recovering two weeks ago...





























View from my front door. Notice, no foot prints on my front porch. All of my neighbors are gone for the holidays. The building is all mine!





























The closest side street... So peaceful.


Wrigley covered in white.


The lake through Belmont Harbour Park.


Chicago skyline behind the Harbour. If you look closely you can see the John Hancock Building.


Panorama of the Harbour. My favorite place to walk...

I know I missed my loves today... I hope that you and yours had a peaceful and joyus day!

No comments:

Post a Comment