Tuesday, December 18, 2012

One Week!

I just realized that I posted about surgery yesterday but never told you guys (all 3 of you who may check this blog) what I had surgery for...

One week ago (on the 11th), I had surgery to repair a deviated septum. Truth. It was a deviated septum repair only - no cosmetic stuff performed. (I know a lot of people have deviated septums and come out with a perfect nose - mine is still as large as it was before.)

Want proof that I deviated my septum?


I am the third from the left. See how red the bridge of my nose is? It is not from consuming the large amounts of alcohol in front of me. That did occur later in the night, but was not the cause. (Barristers Ball as 3Ls = vass amounts of adult beverages with good law school friends.)

Earlier in the day, I had played in two soccer games. In the second game, an opposing player decided that my face was the best place to shoot in order to score.

She did not score.

My nose stopped the ball. Good defense on my nose's part. Bad news for any hopes of intaking oxygen through my right nostril.

Madre and Papito (mom and dad for all non-Spanish speakers) made the trek last week from warm SD to cold Chicago to take care of me and did an excellent job. I was working from home two days post-op, and now, one week later, I am able to sleep through the night without pain meds.

I am not 100%, but I am getting there. Looking forward to no more sinus infections and more oxygen...

No comments:

Post a Comment