Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Marilyn.

Here is a page from Marilyn Monroe's address book that gives her resolutions for 1955. Monroe was approximately 29-years-old at the time and had already filmed an impressive number of movies including The Seven Year Itch, released that year. Just recently she had been accepted as a student at the Actors Studio, by Lee Strasberg, and judging by this list she was determined to make the most of her opportunities.

Transcript follows.






Transcript:
Must make effort to do
Must have the dicipline to do the following –

z – go to class – my own always – without fail

x – go as often as possible to observe Strassberg's other private classes

g – never miss actor's studio sessions

v – work whenever possible – on class assignments – and always keep working on the acting exercises

u – start attending Clurman lectures – also Lee Strassberg's directors lectures at theater wing – enquire about both

l – keep looking around me – only much more so – observing – but not only myself but others and everything – take things (it) for what they (it's) are worth

y – must make strong effort to work on current problems and phobias that out of my past has arisen – making much much much more more more more more effort in my analisis. And be there always on time – no excuses for being ever late.

w – if possible – take at least one class at university – in literature –

o – follow RCA thing through.

p – try to find someone to take dancing from – body work (creative)

t – take care of my instrument – personally & bodily (exercise)

try to enjoy myself when I can – I'll be miserable enough as it is.

(via Lists of Note)

No comments:

Post a Comment