Saturday, January 14, 2012

Re:Generation.

As a HUGE music lover, and a lover of all different types of music I was floored when J sent me this trailer. I grew up with my parents listening to classic rock, reggae, and blues in a times when Mariah Carey, NKOTB, Vanilla Ice, Nirvana, Bush, and Sponge were the thing. I can proudly say that I appreciate and have favorite artists in almost every genre (sorry screamo, you give me anxiety).

The promotional website describes the Re:Generation Music Project as a chance to "[f]ollow DJ Premier, Mark Ronson, Skrillex, Pretty Lights and The Crystal Method as they remix, recreate and re-imagine five traditional styles of music. From the classical perfection of the Berklee Symphony Orchestra to the bayou jams of New Orleans jazz, our five distinctive DJs collaborate with some of today's biggest musicians to discover how our musical past is influencing the future."

You had me at Mark Ronson, Skrillex, Erykah Badu, Crystal Method, THE DOORS! It sounds like heaven to me.

The movie will be playing in select markets only on Thursday February 16th and Thursday, February 23rd. I just bought tickets for the 16th. Who wants to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment